The HRC Foundation is proud to announce our participation in the Boston Marathon, the oldest annual marathon in the world. For the first time, the HRC Foundation is giving five runners the opportunity of a lifetime to run the 120th Boston Marathon on April 18, 2016.
Qualifying to run Boston is an incredible feat and if you have already, congratulations! We would love to have you with us on the HRC team on Patriot’s Day. If you haven’t, and you want the thrill and challenge of a lifetime, here is what you need to know:
HRC is limited to five race bibs for the 2016 Boston Marathon. If you need HRC for entry you must agree to the following requirements:
1. Fundraise a minimum of $5,000 (minimum set by the B.A.A) with a goal of raising $10,000 or above for HRC.
2. Fill out an application form, which will be used to select our five lucky runners.
Have you qualified for the 2016 Boston Marathon? We’d love to have you on the team. Requirements are as follows:
1. You have your own bib number for the race.
2. Raise a minimum of $250.
Members of the Athletes for Equality Team will receive the following from HRC:
1. Personal fundraising page through Crowdrise
2. Marathon training program for athletes of all levels
3. HRC Team singlet
4. Pre-race pasta party
5. Fundraising incentives
6. The opportunity to advance equality for the LGBTQ community
Applications are being accepted now through 5 p.m. PST Friday, November 20, 2015. Qualifying runners do not need to apply. Completing the application does not guarantee your entry, but it will give you the opportunity to be in the running for a slot.
This coming Patriot’s Day, spend it with HRC in Boston. Please direct any specific questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.