Wrapping Up a Beautiful Day of Weddings
March 10, 2010
Same-sex couples across the District tied the knot in joyous ceremonies yesterday -- the first day they were able to receive marriage licenses after applying for them last week. The Campaign for All DC Families and DC Clergy United for Marriage Equality hosted three morning ceremonies in our own Equality Forum while others held events at the courthouse and in places of worship. Here are a few shots from the weddings of Angelisa and Sinjoyla, Reggie and Rodney, and Darlene and Candy. All photos courtesy of Cassidy DuHon. For a sampling of the news coverage, follow the jump...
- Washington Post: First gay marriages in District performed
- AP: 'I do' in DC: Same-sex couples wed in Washington
- CNN: Same-sex couples in D.C. say 'I do'
- DC Fox affiliate: VIDEO: Same Sex Marriage Ceremonies
- DC NBC affiliate: Same-Sex Weddings Begin in D.C.
- DC Agenda: 'Today was like a dream' and Same-sex weddings commence in D.C.
- The Advocate: Marching Down the Aisle in D.C.
- Also today, Rick Imirowicz and Terrance Heath (who were married yesterday) did a live chat on WashingtonPost.com
The Washington Post also produced a touching video:HRC's Sultan Shakir appeared on CNN to discuss the day:
March 10, 2014