White House Announces LGBT “Champions of Change” Video Contest
April 10, 2012 by Eric Cameron, Digital Media Specialist
Yesterday, the White House announced a new video contest coordinated with LGBT Pride Month this June.
The LGBT Pride Month Champions of Change Video Contest is part of an ongoing White House series, spotlighting “everyday heroes who are demonstrating commitment to improving their own communities, their country, or the lives of their fellow citizens.”
We at HRC encourage you to get involved in this unique, creative opportunity to showcase LGBT voices and stories on the national stage. Music videos, short films, interviews and more are all fair game. Entries must be under three minutes and should touch on one or more of the themes below.
- Storytelling (stories of coming out or overcoming adversity)
- Culture & Identity (interesting intersections with race, national origin, religion, and disability)
- Unsung Heroes (individuals and organizations that haven’t been recognized for their contributions)
- The Arts (music, art, photography, poetry, and prose that inspire courage and acceptance)
- Social Entrepreneurship & Innovation (individuals and organizations that are testing new approaches and demonstrating results)
- Community Solutions (local initiatives that are solving local challenges)
- Friends & Allies (family members, teachers, faith leaders, and other allies in the fight for equality)
Find out more about the contest here. All entries are due by Friday, May 4th, so be sure to get those cameras rolling!
September 5, 2014
August 21, 2014
August 26, 2014
September 4, 2014