Top 10 Best HRC Logo Remixes
March 27, 2013 by Maureen McCarty, HRC Associate Director of Digital Media
On Monday we asked you to update your profile pictures with the ubiquitous HRC equality logo washed in red, and we’re overwhelmed with the response.
As it is wont to do, the Internet has taken our logo and remixed it time and time again.
Here are the HRC Digital Media team’s top 10 favorite memes.
10) First you made our logo sizzle for equality.
9) Then you added some butter.
8) And served up a grilled cheese.
7) Then vampires jumped into the mix. Vampire marriage lasts for all eternity. Might as well be to the person you love.
6.) And Rafiki got in on the action.
5) Even Yoda made an appearance. Support equal marriage he will.
4) And the people sang.
3) All this talk of love is enough to convince even the most cantankerous.
2) Remixing makes us hungry so the Internet brought us a sweet slice of equality.
1) Queen Bey heard our calls and so decreed, “If you like it, you should be able to put a ring on it.”
Now, we wait for SCOTUS to finish oral arguments in Windsor v. United States. Keep the momentum (and remixes going.)
If you haven’t changed your profile picture yet, what are you waiting for?
October 13, 2014
October 7, 2014