Today: HRC Hosts Panel on Being LGBT in the Workplace
November 4, 2013 by HRC staff
**Update (12:30 pm): Live vdeo of today's panel is up and running. Check it out at hrc.org/hbcu. Full video of the panel discussion will be available in the days to come.**
As part of HRC’s Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCU) Leadership and Career Summit, HRC will be hosting “Generation Equality: Entering the Workforce, a Twitter Town Hall” today from 12:00pm - 1:00pm.
Moderated by the Center for American Progress’ Senior Fellow Aisha Moodie-Mills, the event will feature a panel of experts addressing widely-held concerns of young LGBT job applicants such as ‘coming out’ on a resume, understanding corporate dress code policies, raising money for graduate school, and much more.
Panelists will include:
- Carolyn Brown, Editor-At-Large of Black Enterprise Magazine
- Margaret Okada, Assistant Director of Admission at Teachers College, Columbia University
- Kandice Fields, Mechanical Engineer at W.L. Gore and Associates
- Deena Fidas, Director of Workplace Equality Program at Human Rights Campaign
- Noël Gordon, Recent Graduate and Scholar: Point Foundation, Harry S. Truman Foundation, Gilman Foundation
- Patrice Pluto, Director of Operations at PepsiCo North America Beverages
You can join the conversation by Tweeting your own questions and comments @HRC using #HRCatWork. Select questions will be submitted directly to our panelists.
August 14, 2014
August 11, 2014
July 30, 2014
August 7, 2014