TAKE ACTION: Today’s Virtual Lobby Day on Capitol Hill
March 4, 2010
TODAY, hundreds of Human Rights Campaign volunteers will be in Washington, DC meeting with their members of Congress to tell them it’s time to repeal “Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell,” pass ENDA and take action on a number of other priorities for the LGBT community. No matter where you live, you can join in RIGHT NOW! We’re holding a virtual lobby day to coincide with the meetings taking place on Capitol Hill. All it takes is a few minutes and you can play a critical role in ending the DADT law that forces brave men and women to lie while defending our country. Think of the power of having LGBT people and our allies meeting members of Congress while we fill their inboxes and phone lines with a simple message: “Repeal ‘Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell’ NOW.” Here’s what you can do:
- First, go to our special action page where you can email your elected officials.
- Follow-up with a phone call. The Capitol switchboard is 202-224-3121. Tell them where you live, and they'll connect you to any of your lawmakers' offices. Tell your lawmakers that you're calling to urge Congress to repeal "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" this year.
- Spread the word on Facebook. You can also RSVP to the virtual lobby day event and invite your friends.
- Use Twitter to spread the word. Our volunteer lobbyists will be tweeting from the Capitol using the #DADT, #ENDA, #DPBO, #HIV and other hashtags. Once you take action, tweet about the experience and join the conversation.
- Learn more at www.hrc.org/RepealDADT
September 5, 2014
August 21, 2014
August 26, 2014
September 4, 2014