Parents: Get to the Root of Bullying with HRCF and Groundspark
October 7, 2013 by Maureen McCarty, HRC Senior Digital Strategist
The HRC Foundation is proud to partner with GroundSpark on a new initiative to support parents and guardians in addressing bias-related name calling and bullying in elementary and middle schools.
The extensive resource kit will provide the tools and materials necessary to present a two-hour evening program to a PTA, PTO or community group.
The kit includes:
- Copy of Let’s Get Real DVD and 135-page curriculum guide
- Copy of What Can We Do? Bias, Bullying and Bystanders DVD and facilitation guide
- Customizable flyers to promote your event
- Same press release to share with your school or local media
- Screening organizing guide and facilitation blueprint
- Listing on the national promotional tour calendar
All children deserve a school community where they feel welcome and respected. To start help spark the conversation between parents and staff about promoting respect, supporting diversity and cultivating ally behavior, order your screening kit today.
Learn more at http://groundspark.org/welcomingschools
Issues: Youth & Campus
November 25, 2013
November 20, 2013