Morning Roundup: Cindy McCain, Mormons and Prop 8, more…
January 21, 2010
- Cindy McCain, the wife of Sen. John McCain has come out in support of marriage equality by posing for photographer Adam Bouska's No H8 campaign. The Senator for his part remains opposed to equality.
- Today's Washington Post editorializes in favor of relationship recognition for same-sex couples in Maryland.
- Explosive documents were entered into evidence yesterday in the ongoing Prop 8 trial in California that detail involvement by the Church of Latter Day Saints (Mormons), with testimony describing their attempt at "plausible deniability" to mask their deep involvement in the campaign.
- The Courage Campaign's fantastic Prop 8 Trial Tracker site is the subject of a lawsuit by opponents of marriage equality who don't like the parody of their man-woman-only-marriage logo.
- "The American Prayer Hour" will provide an alternative to the National Prayer Breakfast next month. The event will affirm inclusive values and call on all nations -- including Uganda -- to decriminalize the lives of gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender people.
- Today the Tom Lantos Human Rights Commission will hold a hearing at 2 p.m. on Capitol Hill on the draft homosexuality bill in Uganda. More today here on HRC Back Story.