Moms United Against NOM
May 7, 2012 by Maureen McCarty, HRC Associate Director of Digital Media
This Mother’s Day, HRC is calling on moms across the country to take a stand against the National Organization for Marriage.
NOM is a rabidly anti-LGBT organization propagating a homophobic agenda that endangers the rights of all American families. Check out our top 10 reasons to dump NOM below, and then join us in taking action again NOM this Mother’s Day:
- NOM is desperately out of touch - major consumer-oriented organizations support marriage equality; including Alcoa, Amazon, Google, Microsoft, NIKE, Starbucks, and Vulcan.
- They believe they’re above the law. They fight campaign finance laws in virtually every state they engage in - and consistently losing.
- They lie about statistics concerning marriage equality to fit their increasingly outdated arguments. In reality, a wide range of polling consistently shows support for marriage equality to be near or above 50 percent among Americans.
- NOM’s top stakeholders have called LGBT people “deviants.”
- They claim grassroots support when, in reality, they have five major – and secret – donors.
- They pour money into states like Minnesota, New York, Washington, Maryland, and (though they’d like to forget it) New Hampshire to halt or roll back marriage.
- They support a McCarthy-like commission to investigate allegations of “harassment” against their rabidly anti-LGBT supporters.
- They demean the relationships of committed, loving same-sex couples by placing “gay marriage” in quotation marks.
- They misrepresent the vast majority of people of faith, often hijacking Christianity as a means of advancing their anti-LGBT work.
- They demand GOP presidential hopefuls get on board with their archaic platform of supporting only anti-LGBT judges and pushing for a federal marriage amendment.
Download the "Moms Against NOM" Facebook cover image and help spread the truth about the National Organization for Marriage.
January 14, 2015
January 23, 2015
January 24, 2015