Last Chance to Register for HRC’s Portland Welcoming Schools Training
July 30, 2014 by Rohmteen Mokhtari, Coordinator, Family Project
Are you looking for resources to make your pre-school, elementary school or child-serving agency more inclusive?
Join the HRC Foundation, Oregon Safe Schools and Communities Coalition and Portland State University this Monday for a free day-long Introduction to Welcoming Schools.
A program of the HRC Foundation, Welcoming Schools provides a comprehensive approach to embracing family diversity, avoiding gender stereotyping and ending bias-based bullying.
The training will provide participants with:
- An overview of Oregon state laws and policies relating to bullying and harassment
- An overview of best practices around bullying prevention and building a positive school climate
- Classroom resources including vetted children’s books
- Teacher training resources to bring back to your building
- Practice talking about gender identity and sexual orientation in age-appropriate ways
The training is designed to meet the needs of pre-school and elementary-level educators, school staff, and child serving agencies.
Click here for more on information and to RSVP.
September 5, 2014
August 21, 2014
August 26, 2014
September 4, 2014