Last Chance to Register for HRC’s Portland Welcoming Schools Training
July 30, 2014 by HRC staff
Post by Rohmteen Mokhtari, Former HRC Coordinator, Family Project
Are you looking for resources to make your pre-school, elementary school or child-serving agency more inclusive?
Join the HRC Foundation, Oregon Safe Schools and Communities Coalition and Portland State University this Monday for a free day-long Introduction to Welcoming Schools.
A program of the HRC Foundation, Welcoming Schools provides a comprehensive approach to embracing family diversity, avoiding gender stereotyping and ending bias-based bullying.
The training will provide participants with:
- An overview of Oregon state laws and policies relating to bullying and harassment
- An overview of best practices around bullying prevention and building a positive school climate
- Classroom resources including vetted children’s books
- Teacher training resources to bring back to your building
- Practice talking about gender identity and sexual orientation in age-appropriate ways
The training is designed to meet the needs of pre-school and elementary-level educators, school staff, and child serving agencies.
Click here for more on information and to RSVP.
October 13, 2014
October 7, 2014