HRC Congratulates Pro-Equality Senator-Elect Elizabeth Warren
November 6, 2012 by Maureen McCarty, HRC Associate Director of Digital Media
HRC President released the following statement on Elizabeth Warren’s win:
“Senator-elect Warren’s victory tonight is nothing short of inspiring. As she prepares to fill the seat once held by the late Senator Edward Kennedy, I have no doubt that Senator-elect Warren will be an equally dogged leader for LGBT Americans and our families.”
To help elect Elizabeth Warren, HRC:
- Supported Elizabeth Warren in her bid to win a U.S. Senate seat from Massachusetts. Efforts included:
- Featured Elizabeth Warren in two fundraising emails that reached a total audience of more than 600,000.
- Sent HRC staff to support the Warren campaign on the ground in Massachusetts.
- Coordinated a number of phone banking and fundraising opportunities to benefit the Warren campaign.
- Promoted the Warren campaign across HRC’s online properties, including the Election Center website and blog, as well as social media.
- Conducted voter outreach via phone calls throughout Massachusetts, urging voters to support Elizabeth Warren.
- Featured Elizabeth Warren in the Summer 2012 issue of Equality magazine, which has a reach of 275,000.
July 30, 2014