HBCU Summit to Live Stream Panel about GenEq & Entering the Workforce
October 24, 2013 by Noël Gordon, Foundation Project Manager
Are you a young LGBT person looking to enter the workforce? Then join HRC for a live stream panel discussion of how to navigate today’s job market as a young lesbian, gay, bisexual or transgender applicant.
As part of its annual conference programming, HRC’s HBCU Leadership & Career Summit will convene a group of experts to address widely held LGBT concerns such as ‘coming out’ on a resume, understanding corporate dress code policies, raising money for graduate school, and much more. We will also be taking your questions and comments via Twitter in order to generate a much-needed dialogue between you and our panelists. With a record number of businesses adopting LGBT inclusive policies and practices, this is a conversation you surely won’t want to miss!
HRC’s Entering the Workforce panel will take place on Monday November 4 at 12 PM (EST). You can follow the live stream at www.hrc.org/hbcu. Check the HRC blog later in the week as we reveal our panelists and share stories of LGBT people currently navigating the workforce.
In the meantime, you can join the conversation by tweeting @HRC using #HRCatWork. Let us know what you think:
- What is one concern you have about entering the workforce?
- Have you ever “come out” on a resume before? How did it go?
- Have you ever had trouble navigating a corporate dress code policy?
- Are having domestic partner benefits important to you as a LGBT person?
- Have the places you’ve worked been accepting of your sexual orientation and/or gender?
January 14, 2015
January 23, 2015
January 24, 2015