Get Involved in the Fight for Marriage Equality: Donate Your Airline Miles!
October 5, 2012 by HRC staff
Post submitted by Dan Rafter, Former HRC Associate Director of Communications
If you’ve ever wanted to play a direct role in achieving equal rights for LGBT Americans, the United for Marriage campaign is recruiting volunteers and needs your help in a particular way – donating used airline miles. Rather than let them accumulate and expire, put those miles to a good use and donate them to the campaign so we can help get volunteers into the four ballot states in the critical run-up to Election Day.
Here’s how it works:
- You need enough total miles to purchase at least one one-way ticket.
- We generally need a minimum of 10,000 miles for a one-way airline ticket.
- United and some other carriers require 15,000 miles for a ticket.
- Some programs like Southwest and JetBlue have different requirements to purchase at least one one-way ticket.
- You may be able to combine miles with family members, but we cannot do that for you.
- If you only have a small number of miles, please consider purchasing a ticket or make a small financial contribution to cover airport fees.
Learn more and donate your miles today!
January 14, 2015
January 23, 2015
January 24, 2015