Bachmann on Being Anti-LGBT: “I’m Not Rude”
March 7, 2012 by HRC staff
Post submitted by Dan Rafter, Former HRC Associate Director of Communications
Michele Bachmann appeared on CNN’s “Piers Morgan Tonight” earlier this week – days after former child actor Kirk Cameron’s anti-LGBT rant – and got into it with Morgan over whether her anti-LGBT vitriol was judgmental.
Huffington Post has more on the exchange – when confronted on her views, Bachmann trotted out her line of “I’m not here to be anybody’s judge.” When Morgan countered that she could be seen as one of the most judgmental people in America, Bachman shot back: “Well that's rude. That's absolutely rude. I'm not a judgmental person."
Let's take a look at some of Bachmann’s statements, and then you can decide for yourself whether she’s judgmental. And remember, according to Bachmann herself, she "always says what [she] means and means what [she] says:
- “It's a very sad life. It's part of Satan, I think, to say this is gay. It's anything but gay."
- "If you’re involved in the gay and lesbian lifestyle, it’s bondage. It is personal bondage, personal despair and personal enslavement."
- “I am not here bashing people who are homosexuals, who are lesbians, who are bisexual, who are transgender. We need to have profound compassion for people who are dealing with the very real issue of sexual dysfunction in their life and sexual identity disorders."
- “And what a bizarre time we’re in … when a judge will say to little children that you can’t say the pledge of allegiance, but you must learn that homosexuality is normal and you should try it.”
- “The sex curriculum will be essentially by taught by the local gay community.”
Check out the video:
January 14, 2015
January 23, 2015
January 24, 2015